On your mark
Private, the world’s most renowned investigation firm, has been commissioned to provide security for the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Its agents are the smartest, fastest, and most technologically advanced in the world, and 400 of them have been transferred to London to protect more than 10,000 competitors who represent more than 200 countries.
The opening ceremony is hours away when Private investigator and single father of twins, Peter Knight, is called to the scene of a ruthless murder. A high-ranking member of the games’ organizing committee has been killed. It’s clear to Peter that this wasn’t a crime of passion, but one of precise calculation and execution.
Newspaper reporter Karen Pope receives a letter from a person who calls himself Cronus claiming responsibility for the murders. He promises to restore the Olympics to their ancient glory and to destroy all those who have corrupted the games with lies, corruption, and greed. Immediately, Karen hires Private to examine the letter, and she and Peter uncover a criminal genius who won’t stop until he’s completely destroyed the modern games. “America’s #1 storyteller” (Forbes) delivers an exhilarating, action-packed thriller that brings the splendor and emotion of the Olympics to a wildly powerful climax.
- New York Times #1 Best Sellers for March 4, 2012 (scottcclibrary.wordpress.com)
- PRIVATE: #1 SUSPECT, by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. (Grand Central Publishing.) Jack Morgan, the head of an investigative firm, is accused of murder. (nytimesbestsellingbooks.wordpress.com)
- London 2012 Olympics: Games caught in the middle of bitter battle between sportswear giants Adidas and Nike (telegraph.co.uk)
- NBC partners with YouTube to deliver video services for the London 2012 Olympics (thenextweb.com)
- 2012 Olympic Games it the only real goal for Fabian Cancellara (blogs.bettor.com)
- I’ve just broken my record (shoutingatwindmills.com)
- adidas Originals Muenchen – Olympic Ring Colors Pack (freshnessmag.com)
- London 2012 Olympics: Australian team reject ’embarrassing’ advice to not shake hands at Games (telegraph.co.uk)
- London 2012 Olympics: Hannah Miley triumphs again (telegraph.co.uk)
- Forward Data SL reveals more Brits staying back for London 2012 Olympic Games (blogs.bettor.com)